Saturday, September 22, 2007

Molly Dress - free knit pattern for blythe

a great, easy little mod dress for your blythe.

SIZE
12" Blythe Doll

MATERIALS
- Lang Jawoll sock yarn [75% superwash wool,18% nylon,7% acrylic 206 yards per 50 gram ball] - I love Jawoll! It is a lighter weight than most sock yarns, which is great for doll clothes. The best thing about it is each skein includes a 5g spool of reinforcement thread ~ perfect to sew on buttons, sequins etc!
- two doll sized buttons
- sequins, beads [optional]
- set of four 2.75 mm [US size #2] needles







PATTERN
Body:
· CO 40 sts. leave a tail aprox 3 inches long
· Knit 2 rows. Join - being careful not to twist.
· Eyelet Row: *K2tog YO* repeat
· Knit 10 rows
· Reduce row: *K3, K2tog* repeat (end up with 32 sts)
· K1P1 Rib for 4 rows
· Knit 12 rows
Divide for Front:
· K16 turn, P16
· K1P1 for 3 (or 4) rows
· Cast off Purl wise
Back:
· Pick up 16 sts at the Back
· Stockinette 4 rows (K on RS, P on WS)
· Next row P on RS
· Eyelet Row: *K2tog YO* repeat
· P 1 row
· Cast off


FINISHING
Use yarn tail from bottom to sew the bottom 2 rows together.
Sew on 2 buttons to the top front edges (use the eyelet holes as button holes) If desired, sew on sequins and/or beads to skirt portion. Weave in ends. Block as desired.

8 comments:

ArakneKnits said...

AWESOME... THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!!!!

Nano said...

Just found this pattern through Ravelry. How lovely! Thanks so much. I'll be making this one real soon.

mim said...

Thanks for posting this and making it possible to print. I knitted a hat for a friend's doll and that got me intrigued, okay, so I got obsessed with them. I just got a Blythe of my own. Now to clothe her.

jook2007 said...

cute dress, but I can't do knitting well.

Unknown said...

Wonderful pattern - thanks for sharing! You can see my version on Ravelry at http://www.ravelry.com/projects/ashpags/molly-dress-blythe-size

Thanks again! =)

samara@blythe.com.br said...

Hi Mary!

I’ve been translating patterns to Portuguese as soon as I try them. I publish them here blythe.com.br

One example: http://blythe.com.br/comments.php?cod_posts=1185

Can I translate yours for the Brazilian Blythe fans?
http://knit-north.blogspot.com/2007/09/molly-dress-little-mod-number-for.html

Let me know if it is ok, I’ll link back to your blog, and everything.

Thanks for the great pattern!!

Samara

xoCIGARS.com said...

Fantastic, very cute and sweet images of Blythe. I love your blog post and just ordered this awesome Blythe Doll at PIJ. I hope I will get this in a week. :D
http://bit.ly/blythejp

RagingMoon1987 said...

If knitted in a slightly larger gauge this can fit other vintage small dolls; my old Penny Brite wears one, and both of my old Ginny dolls can squeeze into it too. This is a fabulous little pattern. I can't wait to make a new one for my new Blythe doll when she comes.