last night i made this jam - i had frozen raspberries and a bunch of lemons in the house - it is pretty tasty! i love raspberry jam - it has always been a favourite and I have to say the addition of lemon is a great sweet/tart combo.
Raspberry Lemon Jam
- 4 medium lemons
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda (to adjust acidity)
- one package (600 grams) frozen raspberries
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) pouch liquid fruit pectin
2. Toss the boiled lemons in the food processor until its a nice even pulp
3. Meanwhile defrost raspberries
4. Place lemon pulp and defrosted raspberries into pot - i use my le creuset (dutch oven), bring to a boil, slowly add sugar, stir over heat, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil, boil uncovered for 2 minutes. Quickly stir in pectin; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off any foam.
5. Pour into hot sterilized jars; leaving 1/4-in. headspace, seal.
Yields: about 8 cups